Pages

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Watercolour fun

I found a fabulous challenge whilst browsing the net yesterday - Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger. The trigger this week is a beautiful dress covered with watercolour butterflies.

One of the first things I noticed was that it had the pink, white and orange colour scheme which is the challenge for this week at The Play Date Cafe. I instantly knew who I wanted to make a card for - my fab Sister, who loves this colour combo.


I started off with some watercolour paper and my Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie inks from SU! I brushed the paper with water to begin with and then I inked up a butterfly stamp (free with a magazine) by tapping the ink pads directly onto a non-stick sheet and pressing the stamp into the mixed ink colours. I played about with a paintbrush, adding extra ink to some areas and creating a coloured section at the bottom. I then dried the whole piece with a heat gun.


To complete the card I layered the watercolour paper onto a black mat and added some of the scallop dots ribbon from SU! I stamped a sentiment, from Hopeful Thoughts, and cut it out with the Scallop Oval punch, sponging some of the ink around the edges. This was then affixed using stampin' dimensionals. The whole lot was then added to a white card base.

3 comments:

  1. Rozelle, this is so soft and beautiful, and a great take on *both* challenges!

    Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rozelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have this card on the mantlepiece, it's lovely- thanks chick :o)

    ReplyDelete