...although DH insists it looks like he's sporting a Richard Branson-esque beard :D
Now, no offense to the creator of the pots pictured, but that's just really not my cup of tea I'm afraid. However, I was very pleasantly surprised when the tutor showed us a technique to join two pinch pots and make them into a lovely smooth clay sphere, ready for us to decorate as we wished.
I chose to turn mine into a Sea Urchin inspired tealight holder, using various objects I found around the house to make the decoration. I used part of a broken zip, the barrel of a ball point pen and even a wine pouring device to make this little beauty.
Now it just needs to be fired before I probably go and ruin it by glazing it! I'm thinking I'll make the raised circles white and the rest a turquoise/teal colour, if that's even possible. Not sure yet how I'll do that. Probably by using a white glaze all over, firing it, then masking the circles and re-dipping in the teal glaze. I'm sure the tutor will be able to let me know the best way.


No comments:
Post a Comment